Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC) is a program of the Springfield-Greene County Health Department and is housed within Jordan Valley Community Health Center locations at 440 E. Tampa St. in Springfield and at 550 E. Harrison in Republic to better serve young families who are seeking health and medical services.
Pregnant women, post partum and breastfeeding mothers, infants, and children up to five years old who are eligible can participate in this program.
Contact WIC at (417) 851-1581 to make an appointment to see if you qualify for free services including:
- Health screening with risk assessment
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Breastfeeding promotion and support
- Referrals to services specific to individual needs such as health care providers and social services agencies
- Supplemental food packages to meet nutritional needs